Future Brides: Dad of Girls Looking Ahead


In a few more days I will welcome my third daughter into this world. This life event has caused me to  think about my future and that future includes three weddings. I could spend my time thinking about the amount of money those weddings will cost me, but instead I find myself thinking about how I can create memories now that my daughters will be able to share on their wedding day.
As a videographer I am constantly thinking of things I can do to make my two (soon to be three and I'm actually sitting in the hospital with my wife as I write this) daughters wedding video the best ever. I don't think people often think about memories to add to a wedding video until it's too late. So what I want to encourage all parents to do is find opportunities to capture memories either in picture or video, and save them on a hard drive until that day finally comes.

One thing I love at wedding's is the daddy/daughter dance. I've always had the thought to record myself with each of my girls every birthday dancing with them and then adding that into the final wedding video by cutting between the wedding dance and their birthday dances. I haven't done it yet, but now as I am sitting here writing this while my wife lays in a hospital bed, I realize these are the types of memories I want to capture so I can relive them with my daughters as each one of them gets married.

Don't wait until it's too late to start creating those memories, start capturing them now.

Comments